KLAMATH COUNTY, OR- Klamath County received $200,000 dollars in grant money to fight illegal cannabis growers.
Sheriff Kayber says the county applied for the grant originally in August and at first it wasn't selected.
The county appealed to the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission.
That worked, because Thursday the grant was available to the county.
It'll be used until next June for investigations into illegal cannabis.
The sheriff's office says it is intent on making sure the county is not a 'soft target' for illegal growers.
- Klamath County Receives $200,000 Grant to Fight Illegal Cannabis
- Veterans' Programs Receive $35,000 Grant in Klamath & Lake Counties
- Q&A: Klamath County Sheriff Discusses Illegal Marijuana Grows in County
- Sheriff: Klamath County jail receives 'high marks' from inspection
- AIFF Receives Two Grant Awards
- Klamath County Declares Drought Emergency
- Klamath County Air Stagnation Advisory
- More Than 200 Illegal Marijuana Plants Seized in Klamath County Raids
- Deputies Seize Nearly 500 Plants at Klamath County Illegal Grow Site
- Nearly $150,000 in grant money given to Klamath Falls