KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — One man is in custody following a high-speed car chase where a suspect led deputies through the neighborhoods of Klamath Falls before smashing into two other drivers, according to the Klamath County Sheriff's Office (KCSO).
The incident began around 9:30 p.m. on Monday evening, when deputies tried to pull over the driver of a white Honda Sedan near Altamont Drive and Cannon Street. Instead, the driver took off at high speeds — driving "recklessly through the neighborhood" until the deputies decided that pursuit would be too dangerous to the public.
Shortly after, KCSO said that a witness reported the location of the vehicle and deputies returned to the search. While deputies were on their way to find it, the driver again tried to run — instead losing control of the Honda and smashing into two other drivers at the intersection of Hilyard Avenue and Altamont Drive.
The two innocent drivers reported that they had minor injuries from the crash, and one of them drove to Sky Lakes Medical Center for evaluation. Neither of the victims required attention from paramedics at the scene.
Deputies identified the elusive driver as 40-year-old Anthony Lee Debortoli. The man was brought to Sky Lakes Medical Center for minor injuries before being arrested and lodged at the Klamath County Jail for a laundry list of charges:
Attempting to Elude (Two Counts)
Reckless Driving (Two Counts)
First Degree Assault (Two Counts)
Reckless Endangering (Two Counts)
Fugitive from Another State
- Klamath County Chase Ends with Suspect Smashing Into Cars
- Klamath County car chase ends in arrest
- K-9 Tracks Down Suspect in Klamath County High-Speed Chase
- Car Chase in Klamath County Ends with Truck Rollover, Three Arrested
- Hours-long Klamath County standoff ends with suspect in custody
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Suspect Sought in Klamath County Theft Case
- Siskiyou County Car Chase Ends With Crash Over Embankment
- Suspects Under Arrest After Turbulent Jackson County Car Chase
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash