Photo Gallery 3 Images
WHITE CITY, Ore. -- Kirtland Road is back open after multiple crashes near White City on Tuesday morning closed the roadway down, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's deputies and crews from the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) were on the scene Tuesday morning where a semi-truck had crashed over a slight embankment.
There were a number of crashes on Tuesday morning — likely due to weather, the agency said. It said road conditions had since been improving. Road crews worked in the area for an extended time to properly investigate and clear the road.
While road crews and emergency services responded, authorities closed down Kirtland between West Antelope Road in the east and I-5 in the west.
Drivers should be prepared for icy road conditions. The Sheriff's Office said to plan more time for you commute and slow down.
- Kirtland Road closed outside of White City because of weather-related crashes
- MISSING PERSON: Josephine County Sheriff's Office asks for help finding Mark Kirtland
- White City House Fire
- Avenue G in White City closed this week
- Marijuana-Related Stocks Plummet
- Deadly Crash Blocks Traffic on Highway 140 Near White City
- Family Sets Up GoFundMe Page After Fatal White City Crash
- Motorcycle rider killed in White City crash identified, investigation continues
- Car crashes into White City pasture, deputies search for driver
- Slick roads cause multiple crashes