MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Kid Time Children's Museum in Medford is getting a new name. Employees held an unveiling at its new building, the old Carnegie Medford Library. Once it moves into that building, it will be called The Children's Museum of Southern Oregon. People were able to go inside the building to see what it will look like once it's open. Executive Director Sunny Spicer said the organization felt it needed a new name to show the community exactly what it does. It’s been working on the plans for more than a year.
“We've brought the Board into this. We've brought kids to identify what's most important to them. We've dug into some of the most important research into child development. This is something that is going to be an asset and is going to be around for 50 years. This is something that is really important and is needed in our community,” said Spicer.
The preschool will be open at the new location for the 2019-2020 school year. The first phase of the museum will not open until spring 2020.
- Kid Time Children's Museum
- Kid Time to become The Children's Museum of Southern Oregon
- Kid Time Children's Museum finalizes moving plans
- Prescribed burns in Southern Oregon
- Grants available for Oregon museum projects
- Southern Oregon Fire Crews Aid Southern California in Wildfire Fight
- Oscar Nominations Connect Hollywood to Southern Oregon
- Thousands Seek Flu Treatment In Southern Oregon
- Crabbing Closed Along Southern Oregon Coast
- Southern Oregon Tops State in Gas Prices