MEDFORD, Ore. — Police are looking for the public's help in identifying a vandal who struck the Kid Time Children's Museum over the weekend, according to a statement from the museum.
A bus owned by Kid Time and often shared with the Rogue Valley Family YMCA was parked in a lot on W 6th Street in downtown Medford over the weekend.
When museum staff arrived on Monday morning, they discovered that the bus' gas cap was smashed, and there were multiple holes drilled into the gas tank. They believe that the vandal was attempting to steal the "approximately $20 worth" of fuel left inside the tank.
In the statement, Kid Time said that their "Bus is Us" vehicle is used during the school year to bring preschool providers and their students to the museum for regularly scheduled visits. The YMCA also uses the bus to bring kids on field trips—one of which was scheduled to occur on Monday.
Now, Kid Time says, they'll need to work with the YMCA to find money to repair the bus, plus find alternate modes of transportation to serve the kids who have been relying on that bus for transport to their educational programs.
Kid Time has asked that anyone with information about the act of vandalism call the Medford Police at (541) 770-4784 and reference case # 18-013291.
- Kid Time, YMCA Bus Vandalized in Medford
- Kid Time Children's Museum
- Kids, Parents Look for Snow Day Relief at the YMCA
- RAW VIDEO: Security Cameras Capture Vandalism at Medford Schools
- Suspected Vandals Arrested in Medford After Weekend Spree
- Police Arrest Suspects in Downtown Medford Vandalism Spree
- Child Injured After Driver Hits School Bus in Medford
- Kid's letter to Medford Police takes unexpected turn
- Kid Time Moving Into Historical Carnegie Library
- Investigators Looking For Vandalism Suspects