MEDFORD, Ore. -- Tonight the Medford City Council voted 7-to-1 for Kid Time to lease the historical Carnegie library. The Southern Oregon Historical Society and Kid Time were both being considered for the space.
Tonight's council meeting held an open hearing with presentations from representatives and supporters from both organizations.
For over an hour, council members listened to all presentations and asked questions.
The council then voted to move forward with Kid Time.
"Our goal is to better serve the community. By partnering with the city that would give us better exposure, would give us a better location downtown, better access to our other partners, in a better location, and really serve the city’s vision to for serving the community." said Kid Time Executive Director, Sunny Spicer.
For the Southern Oregon Historical Society it was a tough pill to swallow, "We believe in what we want to do. We want to bring a museum to Medford. We want to bring a museum to the county and we'll find another venue to exhibit our one-million plus artifacts," said Bill Gates, Vice President of the Southern Oregon Historical Society.
- Kid Time Moving Into Historical Carnegie Library
- Kid Time Children's Museum finalizes moving plans
- Yreka High choir to sing at Carnegie Hall
- Kid Time Children's Museum
- Kid Time, YMCA Bus Vandalized in Medford
- Historically Bad Banks
- New Life for Historic Inn
- Saving Sparrows One Dance Move at a Time
- Kid Time to become The Children's Museum of Southern Oregon
- Free Naloxone at Medford Library Thursday