CAVE JUNCTION, Ore.-- Five years ago, a hit-and-run driver killed Jarred Houston and Robert Calvin on Highway 199 in Cave Junction. There are no suspects and the case is still open, leaving the families’ questions unanswered.
"it's never been resolved,” said Houston’s older brother Daniel Houston.
"We haven't forgotten and we're still hoping to find justice for the two men," added older sister Sarah Houston.
In October 2013, Jarred Houston and a friend were driving down redwood highway when they stopped and got into a fight with Robert Calvin. That's when a driver hit them, and didn't stop.
"It's almost an out of body experience. Almost like you’re watching yourself go through it," Sarah said…Knowing that the case is still unsolved is really frustrating. It makes you wonder all the time why won't they come forward," Sarah said.
“He was our little brother. We loved him and he was a great person and the fact that nothing happened after this took place and it was a brutal, brutal ordeal," Daniel added.
Every year family and friends march two miles down Highway 199, from the crash site down to Wild River Pizza, with signs raising awareness about their brother’s tragedy, hoping someone who knows something will come forward.
- Justice for Jarred: Hit-and-Run Victim's Family Marches to Raise Awareness
- Jar and Can Openers
- Family starts walk to raise awareness
- Family night out raises awareness for child abuse prevention
- Local Artists Spreading Awareness and Raising Money
- Orchard Hill Elementary raises money for fire victim's family
- Local man fighting for his life, family wants to raise awareness regarding motorcycle injuries
- The Protectors Hold Event To Raise Awareness About Bullying
- National Wear Red Day: Raising Awareness About Heart Disease
- Real-Life Simulated Crash Scene Aims To Raise Awareness