GRANTS PASS, Ore. — In the space of three days, deputies made 27 arrests in a "focused sex offender sweep" within Josephine County, according to the Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
The operation targeted wanted or unregistered sex offenders in the area between Tuesday, August 14 and Thursday August 16.
While only eight of those arrests were for unregistered sex offenders, 19 other arrests occurred for a laundry list of crimes:
- Post-Prison Supervision Sanction Warrants
- Probation Violation Warrants
- Failure to Appear Warrants (for Possession and Delivery of a Controlled Substance
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Resisting Arrest
- Attempt to Elude Out of County Warrant
- Fugitive Out of State Warrant
- US Marshal Hold
During those three days, JCSO made a total of 73 arrests—meaning the sweep accounted for more than a third of that number. JCSO said that this was "similar to 2017 operational numbers."
- Josephine County 'Sex Offender Sweep' Nets 27 Arrests
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Josephine County Man Arrested, Accused of Sex Abuse
- UPDATE: Texas Most-Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Klamath County
- Oregon Sex Offender Arrested on New Sex Abuse Charges
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Sheriff: Two Arrested for Josephine County Burglary
- UPDATE: Convicted Oregon Sex-Offender Arrested after California RV Chase