GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The Josephine County Sheriff's Office announced today that they will be conducting their annual Search & Rescue academy in March. The class is intended to prepare members of the public looking to become Search & Rescue volunteers.
The Sheriff's Office says that the course will cover basic survival skills, first aid/CPR, land navigation, search techniques, an legal issues, among other subjects.
Applications for the academy will be accepted until March 9. The course costs $50 per student—which includes training materials, snacks, and refreshments. The fee is payable by cash or check to Friends of SAR, a non-profit. The application does require a background and criminal history check, purchase of personal equipment, and a $50 refundable deposit for a uniform.
- Josephine County Offers Search & Rescue Academy
- Josephine County Search and Rescue creates teen program
- Search For Missing Josephine County Man
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Family of Missing Josephine County Man Offers Reward For Information
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe
- Josephine County Vaccination Rates Drop
- Filling Bowls in Josephine County