GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The city of Springfield, Oregon made headlines on Tuesday when their City Council voted to unanimously end a contract with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to house detained illegal immigrants in their jail.
Meanwhile, Josephine County quietly ended their contract with ICE at the end of May.
NewsWatch 12 contacted a Sheriff's Office spokesperson on Tuesday, who was only authorized to say that the ICE contract was allowed to end at the close of last month.
This is a developing story, and we will have reporters following up tonight at 11 p.m. and tomorrow to bring you more information.
CLICK HERE for more history on Josephine County's contract with ICE.
- Josephine County Jail Stops Holding ICE Detainees
- ICE Detainees Housed in Josephine County Jail
- Josephine County Ends Contract with ICE
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Mexican State Confirms ICE Detainee Wanted for Homicide
- North Korea Releases American Detainees
- 'Stop The Bleed' Campaign Comes to Josephine County
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe