GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- The Josephine County Fair is offering all veterans free admission to the fair. To get that free fair admission, veterans will need to bring some form of ID.
The fair director said that this is just a small way they can honor this special group of attendees. That's why veterans will be able to get free admission every single day of the fair and at any time.
Veterans will still have to pay for normal fair tickets. Those tickets will let you go on rides, play games and buy food.
The fair also has a veteran's photo exhibit. You can bring a photo of a veteran in your life and ask for it to be displayed.
There are also different booths dedicated to helping veterans, including the Oregon chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America. They're at the fair to advocate for paralyzed veterans and to raise money for their organization.
Walk into the Commercial Exhibit Hall and you'll see a black, 1970 Camaro. The Paralyzed Veterans of America are auctioning off this car with raffle tickets to raise money for their organization. You can buy one of those tickets for $10 or four tickets for $50.
You'll figure out if you won that Camaro at the Marion County Fair. That'll be happening on July 12, 2020.
For more information about the fair head to this website: https://www.josephinecountyfairgrounds.com/p/other
- Josephine County Fair honors veterans
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Josephine County Fair to have 'free expression' area
- Free shuttle rides at the Josephine County Fair
- 4-H families prepare to show at the Josephine County Fair
- Josephine County Fair focuses on variety this year
- Food vendors have been serving Josephine County Fair for years
- Jackson and Josephine Counties honor current and fallen officers