MERLIN, Ore.-- Two men are in serious condition tonight after a violent car crash on Lower River Road in Merlin.
Officials say it appears the car they were in left the road at a high rate of speed, violently striking several trees and causing extensive damage to the car.
Firefighters found the driver and passenger severely trapped by the crushed dash that was pinning their legs.
Firefighters spent over 90 minutes to extricate the men from the car, using the jaws of life.
Both patients were transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
Oregon State Police is investingating the crash.
- 'Jaws of Life' Used To Extricate Two People From Car Crash in Merlin
- Firefighters practice the 'Jaws of Life' in extrication training
- Fire Crews Use Jaws of Life in Head On Crash
- Late-Night Crash Near Merlin Under Investigation
- Elk VS Vehicles Crash in Merlin
- Merlin Sidewalk Project Halfway Finished
- Jaws of Life Help Save Teen In Rollover
- Sidewalk Showdown: Merlin Residents Disagree About Additions
- Josephine County Commissioners Approve Merlin Sidewalk Project
- Merlin Business Helping Families with Autism