MEDFORD, Ore -- On Saturday, Jackson County Public Health reported five new cases of COVID-19.
This brings the county total to 178 cases. 78 of the cases are active, which means 100 have recovered.
The public health department also included a reminder on face coverings in the press release. Face coverings are required in all indoor public spaces.
Wear your Face Covering Correctly:
• Wash your hands before putting on your face covering
• Put it over your nose and mouth and secure is under your chin
• Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
• Make sure you can breathe easily
Wearing a face masks helps slow the spread of COVID-19. If you do develop mild symptoms of COVID-19 contact your doctor. You can also contact one of the medical clinics or health care systems that are providing testing. Testing for COVID-19 is available to all people, regardless of documentation status. Current health centers or health systems providing testing for those that meet the criteria for testing in Jackson County are:
• Asante: Services are available to everyone. Call your medical provider first, or call the Asante COVID-19 hotline at 541-789-2813. You can also visit https://www treatment. asante.org/.
• Providence: Services are available to everyone. If you are an established Providence patient, contact your medical provider. If you are a new patient, you can call 541-732-7700. If you are not an established patient, call Stewart Meadows Urgent Care 541-732-9362. You can also visit the Providence website https://coronavirus.providence.org/.
• La Clinica: Testing is available for current La Clinica patients, anyone in the community who is uninsured, has no other doctor, or anyone who speaks Spanish only. Call 541-535-6239 to speak with a nurse.
• Valley Immediate Care: Services are available to everyone. Valley Immediate Care is open seven days a week and their main phone number is 541-734-9030.