EAGLE POINT, Ore.-- The Jackson County Sheriff's Office detectives say one man is in custody after a home invasion robbery on Saturday morning. Officer's are still searching for another suspect.
On November 2, officer's were called to home a on the 2700-block of Alta Vista Road around 3:30 a.m.
The caller told dispatchers she and a man in the home were handcuffed and robbed by two armed men wearing masks. Police say the suspects left the home in victims' vehicle, a white 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan.
Multiple law enforcement agencies attempted to find the car. A Central Point Police Department office found it at the intersection of Table Rock and Vilas roads. The officer attempted a traffic stop.
Police say the driver sped off toward Central Point and got on I-5 heading north. A white 2012 BMW also sped away with it.
Officers lost sight of the cars around Gold Hill. Police in Grants Pass picked up the cars later on. The chase continued through Josephine County and into Douglas County.
Police used spike strips to try and stop the cars, but they kept going. The driver of the BMW crashed the car and then ran off. Deputies searched the area, but couldn't immediately find the driver.
Police say they eventually found him around 6:45 Saturday night. Police say he had hidden for four house before going up to house and asking for help.
The person was aware of the earlier chase and warned police. Officer's arrested the man. He's been identified at Nathan Perkins, 36, of Portland.
He's now in the Jackson County Jail. Perkins was initially arrested on two felony probation violations and a charge of driving while suspended.
Perkins is now facing multiple other charges that include: first degree robbery; aggravated first degree theft; first degree burglary; attempting to elude police in a vehicle; attempting to elude police on foot; coercion; second degree robbery; and, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Police say additional charges may be added as the investigation continues.
Police are still trying to track down the Volkswagen and the other suspect. Anyone with information is asked to call the JCSO tip line at (541) 770-8333. You can refer to Case #19-23095.
- Jackson County Sheriff's Deputies arrest one suspect in home invasion, still searching for other suspect
- Deputies Arrest Sexual Assault Suspect
- Deputies Search For White City Robbery Suspect
- Sheriff: Suspect Arrested After Rolling Vehicle, Fighting Deputies
- Central Point Police Looking For Third Suspect In Home Invasion
- Suspects Under Arrest After Turbulent Jackson County Car Chase
- 4th suspect in home invasion case is in custody, Sheriff's Office says
- Slain Deputy's Handcuffs Used to Arrest Suspect
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Armed Suspect at Motel
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Searches for Shooting Suspect