MEDFORD, Ore. — Jackson County Public Health reports 49 new COVID-19 cases. This update brings the total COVID-19 cases to 7,125.
Public heath officials say the number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Jackson and Josephine Counties, is 37, increasing by 2 from the previous day. There are 17 patients in the intensive care unit (ICU), increasing by 3 from the previous day.
Jackson County health officials say that the total number of patients in hospital beds may fluctuate between report times. The numbers do not reflect admissions per day nor the length of hospital stay. Staffing limitations are not captured in this data and may further limit bed capacity.
Saturday, January 23, is the last day of the Jackson County Vaccination Event at the Expo.
This is a drive-through vaccination event for people in Phase 1A and Phase 1B, Group 1. Individuals who are not in these phases or groups will be turned away.
Who is eligible to be vaccinated at the Expo?
• Phase 1A, Group 1: Hospital workers, EMS, first responders including law enforcement and fire, long-term care residents and staff, urgent care staff, vaccinators.
• Phase 1A, Group 2: Other residential care facilities and congregate care sites including residents, HCP, all staff, and contractors; hospice programs; behavioral health mobile crisis care, secure transport; individuals working in correctional settings.
• Phase 1A, Group 3: Outpatient settings serving specific high-risk groups; in-home care; day treatment services, Non-Emergency Medical Transport.
• Phase 1A, Group 4: All other outpatient, public health, and death care workers. This includes outpatient medical clinics, dental clinics, vision clinics, physical therapy, and pharmacists.
• Phase 1B, Group 1: Daycare providers, early learning, and K-12 educators and staff.
Jackson County Public Health encourages others in Phase 1B, including individuals 65 and older or the general public, please access the Jackson County Health and Human Services COVID-19 vaccine website. This site will provide updates on who is eligible to receive the vaccine and where to access it.