It's like a pre-game celebration for Halloween. Today is National Pumpkin Day!
Pumpkins are a very flexible fruit, used to make pies, cookies, bars, coffee, cheesecake, pasta and oatmeal.
Of course, pumpkin spice is a popular flavor loved by millions around the U.S.
In addition to its edibility, pumpkins are also fun for families to carve and decorate for trick-or-treaters.
The U.S. produces 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkins in total – with Illinois making the most.
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- Pumpkin Pasta
- In the Kitchen: Pumpkin Pasta
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's national pet day
- In the Kitchen: Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Happy National Dog Mom's Day!
- National Drug Take Back Day
- Girl Scouts Make Pink Pumpkins for Breast Cancer
- Arrests Made in Grants Pass Pumpkin-Wielding Vandal Case