MEDFORD, Ore. — Odds are, everyone in southern Oregon who purchased a Mega Millions ticket in hopes of cashing in on Tuesday's $1.6 billion jackpot will be feeling the sharp sting of defeat by Wednesday morning. But at least one restaurant in the Medford area is offering some small consolation.
Villa Italian Kitchen will be trading free slices of cheese pizza in exchange for losing lottery tickets, according to a statement from the company.
“We have been following the news of this historic lottery drawing closely,” said Mimi Wunderlich, Director of Communications and Digital Marketing, Villa Italian Kitchen. “When we heard what the odds of winning the jackpot were, we couldn’t help but feel for all those who would be let down – and we knew that we would probably have to be at work on Wednesday morning, too! While a free slice of pizza isn’t a billion dollars, hopefully it will still make someone’s day.”
To qualify, participants must purchase a beverage and be willing to present and hand over their ticket at the time of purchase. The offer is only good on October 24, and only one ticket per customer will be accepted.
- Italian Restaurant Promises Pizza for Lottery Losers
- Anonymous Lottery Winner Wins Big
- Restaurants Salute to Veterans
- Local Man Wins $2 Million from Lottery
- Man Accused of Threatening Oregon Lottery Headquarters
- Man Accused of Oregon Lottery Threat Apologizes
- Small Business Saturday Promises More Holiday Sales
- Farm Bill Promises Nationwide Hemp Legalization