CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — An Ashland man has died after being seriously injured in a rollover crash this weekend in Central Point, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). Investigators believe that alchohol may have contributed to the incident.
Deputies responded to reports of a crash in the 1900-block of Kirtland Road near the intersection with High Banks Road just before 10:45 p.m. on Saturday. When they arrived, deputies found a sedan lying on its top — with a field of debris scattered for hundreds of feet.
Authorities closed the roadway "for some time" while they tried to rescue the occupants and investigate the crash.
The occupants of the sedan were two men, later identified as 22-year-old Sean Michael Cyr of Ashland and 24-year-old Chance Christopher Bullard of Central Point.
Preliminary investigation suggested that the 2004 Pontiac sedan left the rain-slicked roadway and rolled multiple times. It took several minutes for first responders to locate the driver, Cyr. He had been thrown from the sedan during the rollover crash — apparently the result of not wearing a seat belt, JCSO said.
Emergency personnel found Cyr unconscious in thick brush nearby. Mercy Flights medics transported him to Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center (RMMC) with life-threatening injuries. Cyr was pronounced dead on Tuesday morning.
Personnel from Fire District #3 had to extricate the passenger, Bullard, from the crashed sedan. Bullard was also transported to RRMC by Mercy Flights ambulance. JCSO said that Bullard remains in the Intensive Care Unit.
JCSO said that no other vehicles were involved in the crash, and deputies believe alcohol intoxication may have contributed to Cyr losing control of the vehicle.
- Investigators Suspect Alcohol in Central Point Rollover Crash
- Driver Dead After Early Morning Rollover Crash Near Central Point
- Two Injured In Rollover Crash In Central Point
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Central Point Man Killed in Rollover Crash
- Investigators arrest murder suspect in Central Point shooting
- Drunk driving suspected in fatal Central Point crash
- Police investigating rollover crash on Redwood Highway
- Police investigating rollover crash near O'Brien
- Barn Fire in Central Point Under Investigation
- Suspects Identified in Central Point Armed Robbery