KLAMATH RIVER, Ore. —
UPDATE: A "Secret Witness" reward is now up for grabs in the Spencer Hodgson murder case, according to the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office (SCSO).
"Up to $7500.00 in 'Secret Witness' funds may be awarded for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect(s) in this case," the Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Tuesday.
(Updated 5/7/19 at 1 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The hunt for answers in a Siskiyou County murder case continues to intensify now that investigators have recovered additional pieces of evidence, according to the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office (SCSO).
On April 8, deputies recovered the body of 31-year-old Spencer Richard Hodgson near the remote northern Siskiyou County community of Klamath River. Hodgson had been staying at a house in the Klamath River area, but had ties to Santa Cruz in the Monterey Bay area.
Hodgson's body was found in a ravine near Yreka Walker Road. He had died of "gunshot wounds," and the death was quickly ruled a homicide following an autopsy on April 10.
At the time, Hodgson's white 2010 Toyota Tundra and his dog Pepper were missing, believed stolen. With the help of a California Highway Patrol helicopter crew, SCSO recovered Hodgson's truck after spotting it during an aerial search several days later.
"A dog owned by the victim was also found alive and well and was given to family members," SCSO said in a statement.
The discovery of Hodgson's truck represents "a source of potential evidence," SCSO said, and has already led to additional leads. Detectives continue to interview Hodgson's family members and associates, and the agency said that search warrants have been obtained.
“This case is still under investigation and anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact the SCSO’s 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900,” Sheriff Jon Lopey said.
- Sheriff offers $7,500 reward for information in Klamath River murder case
- Family of Missing Josephine County Man Offers Reward For Information
- Family of Missing Brookings Man Offering Reward for Information
- Klamath River Man Arrested For Murdering His Son
- Klamath County Libraries Offer Free Tax Help
- Cow Creek Umpqua Indian Foundation Awards Community Works $7,500 Grant
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Klamath County Man
- Suspect Sought in Klamath County Theft Case
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- ITG: Rewarding Record-Keeping