GRANTS PASS, Ore. --
UPDATE: 11:21 p.m. -- Southbound I5 is open again from Canyonville (Exit 99 to 66) with a chain requirement for trucks.
Continue to expect winter driving conditions.
UPDATE: 10:45 p.m. -- Northbound I5 is open again at Hugo Exit 66 under chain requirement for all trucks and vehicles towing.
Crews continue to work on southbound lanes where an estimated 100 trucks -- some chained up, some not - are being removed from the Smith Hill area and its 6% grade.
UPDATE: 7:30 p.m. -- Interstate 5 closure, both northbound southbound, has been extended. It now is closed north of Grants Pass to Canyonville - milepost 66-99.
The closure area is extended between Hugo and Canyonville tonight due to heavy snow falling in the corridor. ODOT/OSP crews on scene.
Interstate 5 north of Grants Pass -- mileposts 66-81 -- is temporarily closed. Crews are battling heavy snowfall that is hampering travel on the Sexton, Smith, and Stage summits tonight.
At least one truck is jackknifed blocking northbound lanes at milepost 71.
Crews are trying to keep with the snow and get drivers going.
Expect delays, some possibly lengthy, and be prepared for severe winter driving conditions. Once the corridor reopens, drivers should expect to chain up, unless driving with four-wheel drive, unless towing.
- Interstate 5 Back Open After 4.5 Hour Closure
- I5 Back Open After Several Hour Delay
- Hotels Feeling Impact of Delta Fire Interstate Closure
- UPDATE: Exit 55 in Grants Pass Back Open After Grass Fire Closure
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed
- ODOT Prepares Interstate 5 For Heavy Snow
- Special Saturday Shipping Hours
- Ailing Oregon Secretary of State Scales Back Office Hours
- Upcoming Road Closures
- SCHOOL DELAYS AND CLOSURES