CALIFORNIA -- Cal Fire shared this video on its Facebook page to show how powerful fire retardant is.
The test was done with 9,000 gallons of fire retardant. Cal Fire says some drops hold as much as 170,000 gallons. In the video you can see how much damage 9,000 gallons does. Imagine if it was more than that.
The video is a reminder to people that live around a wildfire. Be aware of the aircraft around you. Cal Fire says it is your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings and leave unsafe areas.
- Incredible video shows how powerful fire retardant is
- More than $94,000 spent on retardant from one flight at Lumgrey Fire
- Power line failure causes grass fire
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Pacific Power says 4,000 customers without power
- Video shows Florida officer hitting 14-year-old twice during arrest
- Video shows holiday hang glider flight going horribly wrong
- Video shows mail carrier routinely pepper spraying dog
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Morning Crash into Medford Power Pole Sparks Fire