MEDFORD, Ore. -- You might be seeing an increase in the amount of Jackson County Sheriff's Office deputies out of the road this weekend. They received a grant to have extra DUII patrol for the Super Bowl weekend.
Deputies will be looking for drivers showing any signs of impairment and keeping the roads safe. You can help Jackson County Sheriff’s Office by watching out for drivers on the road that you suspect may be impaired. Deputy Noah Strohmeyer says that if you see something, you should say something.
"If they see someone that they think might be impaired and driving whether it's alcohol or anything else, they should call 911 and give the location. That way we can direct the resources to that area the best we can whether it's the sheriff's office or another agency responding,” said Strohmeyer.
If you are making some Super Bowl plans and you think those plans may involve drinking, you should arrange a ride home ahead of time. You can ask a sober friend for a ride, download Uber on your phone, or save the phone numbers of local cab companies.
Craig Owen is the owner of Valley Cab and says that he has calculated about how many cab rides someone would have to take to match the cost of a DUII.
“You could do over 200 cab rides from the north tip to the south tip or the east tip to the west tip of Medford over 200 times for the cost of 1 DUI when you consider your insurance, the court costs, the lawyer fees,” said Owen.
Valley Cab will have an extra driver on Super Bowl Sunday to accommodate everyone’s game plans. Valley Cab is open 24/7 and you can call them at (541) 772-1818 about 20 minutes before the time you need picked up or you can make a reservation in advance.
- Deputies Plan Increase in DUII Patrols This Weekend
- Jackson County Deputies Increase DUII Patrols During Spring Break
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office Increases DUII Patrols
- Deputies to Step Up DUII Patrols Over Labor Day Weekend
- Jackson County Deputies Arrested 14 People for DUII During Holiday Patrols
- Sheriff: DUII Patrols Will Continue Beyond Memorial Day
- December DUII Patrols in Grants Pass Result in 37 Arrests
- DUII driver crashed into Oregon State Police Patrol Car
- More Sheriff's Deputies Will Patrol Josephine County
- Grants Pass DUII Patrols Result in 137 Arrests or Tickets in One Month