- 2 sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 tablespoons of bacon fat
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 pound of turkey (or more if you'd like)
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5-6 cups of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Poke holes in sweet potatoes and wrap in foil. Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
3) Once sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left to cook, add 2 tablespoons of bacon fat to a large pan over medium-high heat.
4) Add garlic and onion to the pan.
5) Once onion is translucent, add ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon.
6) While turkey is cooking, add hot sauce, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to the heat and mix well.
7) When turkey is done cooking, add spinach and cover to help the spinach steam, then mix with meat.
8) Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat.
9) When sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut open and mash insides up with a fork. Then add the turkey mixture and enjoy!