Mr. B's Steakhouse is located in Klamath Falls.
They are participating in an annual fundraising event for Friends of the Children of the Klamath Basin.
This is an organization that mentors one on one at risk youth , to help improve Children born into poverty or who are at risk for dropping out of school, substance abuse, incarceration and teen parenting.
They provide a salaried, professional mentor, called a Friend, for their entire childhood, from kindergarten through graduation.
Scallops & Grits
- 4 large scallops
- Asparagus blanched/shocked
- 1 red radish
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. dried yellow grits
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. cream
- ½ c. parmesan (grated)
- ½ tsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- Salt to taste
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Cook garlic over medium heat in a little bit of oil until golden bow. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over high heat, closely watch and let turn to dark brown, it should smell toasted.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat heavy cream to simmer.
- Add cream to blender.
- Start blending cream and then slowly pour brown butter into cream to emulsify. Salt to taste.
- In large stock pot bring chicken stock to boil, add grits and continually stir.
- Once they start to thicken slowly add cream, reduce heat to low, continue stirring and adding garlic, parmesan and onion.
- Salt to taste.
- In a large sauté pan bring oil up to high heat (just about smoking).
- Lightly salt scallops and carefully place in oil.
- Let them cook until the edges are golden brown, then carefully turn over and cook until golden brown.
- In large sauté pan bring 1 Tbsp. of oil up to medium heat.
- Salt asparagus lightly and add to pan.
- Cook about 1 minute, making sure all sides are cooked evenly.
Spoon grits on a plate, place scallops on grits and asparagus in between grits and spoon brown butter around scallops. Enjoy.