You will need:
12 slices Whole Wheat Bread 12 slices Cheddar Cheese
2 cups sliced Apples 1 T cinnamon
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup brown sugar 1 T Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss apples with butter, cinnamon, raisins and brown sugar. Bake for 20 minutes until apples are tender.
3. Top each slice of bread with 1 slice cheese. Top cheese with 1/4 cup apple mixture. Close sandwich.
4. Prepare a medium size skillet over medium heat with butter. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.Cut in 1/2 and serve with side salad or soup
Oregon Grilled Cheese
Nutrition and Wellness Tips
This recipe can be customized to meet your families unique flavor palate. Try it with local pears instead of apples, or swap out the cheddar with your favorite cheese. To create a balanced meal serve this sandwich with soup or a side salad.
- In the Kitchen: Grilled Cheese
- In the Kitchen: Cheese Wheel
- Grants Pass Serves Up Grilled Cheese for a Good Cause
- Grilled cheese fundraiser nets $5K for Josephine County Food Bank
- Josephine County Food Bank Says "Cheese"
- At The Market: Pasta,Cheese, and Microgreens
- Unsolved: James Curtis Kitchens (2002)
- In The Kitchen: Chipotle Pasta
- In The Kitchen: Lemon Chicken
- In the Kitchen: Lettuce Cups