Garlic Sautéed Greens
Makes 4 servings
This is a quick, easy side for any dish and a perfect way to get more greens into your day.
1. For greens with tough stems cut the leaves away from the stem before washing.
2. Wash greens carefully. An easy way to do this is to fill your sink with cold water and submerge the greens. If the water has a lot of sediment drain the sink and repeat. Pat dry with a dish towel.
3. Stack the greens in a pile. Roll them up like a jelly roll and cut crosswise into ribbons ¼-½ inch wide.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
5. Add the greens and keep them moving in the skillet. Turn frequently so that all the greens reach the heat. After two minutes add the garlic.
6. When the greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt add the salt and continue to sauté a few minutes longer.
7. Serve immediately.