Cherry Chocolate Almond Macaroonies
3 c. coconut flakes
2 c. Almond meal
1 c. coconut flour
1 c. sugar
¾ c. coconut milk
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp almond extract
2 c. chopped fresh cherries
12 whole almonds
12 oz. melted chocolate
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat coconut milk and sugar in sauce pan. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add salt. Continue stirring until salt has dissolved. Once dissolved add almond extract and stir until combined. Remove from heat and add mixture to coconut flakes. Add coconut flour, almond flour, almonds and cherries to coconut flake mixture. Stir until combined.
To bake, line baking sheet with wax paper and brush olive oil on top of wax paper. Form dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
While macaroonies are baking, melt chocolate. Dip bottoms of macaroonies into chocolate. Then dip whole almonds into melted chocolate and place on top of macaroonies. Place into freezer for 30-45 min. or until chocolate is no longer soft.
- In the Kitchen: Cherry Chocolate Almond Macaroonies
- In the Kitchen: French Almond Cake
- ITK: Prawns and Cherries
- Sprouted Almond Milk
- Crews Battle 100-Acre Cherry Fire
- At the Market: Worm Juice and Cherries
- Almond Brown Sugar and Fruit Tart
- Unsolved: James Curtis Kitchens (2002)
- In The Kitchen: Chipotle Pasta
- In The Kitchen: Lemon Chicken