MEDFORD, Ore. -- You are running out of time to ship presents in time for Christmas. The lines at the Post Office, UPS and FedEx are getting longer and longer as those deadline loom.
Mera Oliveria was one of the many people waiting in line at the UPS Store on Delta Waters Road in Medford to make sure her Christmas gifts get to her loved ones on the west and east coasts on time.
“Knowing someone's Christmas gift will get there on time is very relieving,” Oliveria said. “It's a stressful time to get gifts in the mail and to get gifts before Christmas but to know that you're done and that it is in the mail you can rest. It’s so nice because now you can enjoy the Christmas season.”
"The person I'm sending it to would be very disappointed if she didn't get her present [on time]," added UPS customer Debby Brown.
You don't have much time left.
The prices only go up from here on out and those prices depend on where you send it. The UPS Store’s manager Randall Harris said this is the busiest time of year with lines sometimes out of the door.
"This is essentially like the employees’ Super Bowl. This is what they train for all year. Everything that they've been training for has been working up to this moment,” Harris said.
Employees will often be in the store long after it closes but he's happy to help make sure your gifts arrive on time.
“You get to essentially be like a Santa. As silly as it sounds, just the idea that all of these people that are going to get some things that are going to mean something to them from someone that is beloved and to know that I had some small part in it actually does kind of warm your heart at Christmas time," Harris added.
Below are the shipping deadlines for UPS, (USPS) the Post Office and Fed Ex:
• UPS 2nd Day Air®: Thursday, December 20 (delivery on Monday, December 24)
• UPS Next Day Air®: Friday, December 21 (delivery on Monday, December 24)
• UPS On-Call Pickup® for UPS Next Day Air: Saturday, December 22 (delivery on Monday, December 24)
USPS (for the continental US, excluding Hawaii and Alaska):
• USPS Retail Ground®: Friday, December 14
• First-Class Mail Service® and Priority Mail Service®: Thursday, December 20
• Priority Mail Express® Service: Saturday, December 22
• FedEx Home Delivery® and Ground®: Monday, December 17
• FedEx Express Saver®: Wednesday, December 19
• FedEx 2Day® and FedEx 2Day® A.M.: Thursday, December 20
• FedEx Standard Overnight®, Priority Overnight® and First Overnight®: Friday, December 21
• FedEx SameDay®, SameDay® City Direct and SameDay® City Priority: Tuesday, December 25
- Important Holiday Shipping Deadlines Quickly Approach
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Amazon Extends Free Shipping for the Holidays and One Day Shipping
- Health Alert: Importance of Sleep During the Holidays
- Special Saturday Shipping Hours
- The Importance of Hydration
- Oregon Cattlemen Court Chinese Importers
- Klondike Fire Spreads Quickly West, Threatening Agness
- Tax Deadline One Month Away