MEDFORD, Ore. — The deadline to file your taxes for 2018 is Monday, April 15. You have until midnight to file your taxes.
Putting them off until late tonight might be a bad idea. People will be cramming into tax service buildings around the nation until the very last second. If you wait until late in the night, you do run the risk of not getting it done on time.
There are still some options to ease your stress if you have not filed for 2018.
You can file an extension by midnight, which is going to give you until October 15th to file your taxes.
If you miss the deadline, the amount that you owe will increase by five percent for every month that you do not pay.
The first five percent penalty will be Tuesday morning.
The Liberty Tax in the Medford Center will be open until the deadline. They will also be serving free snow-cones from 1 p.m. through 2 p.m.
- IRS deadline for filing taxes looms
- Deadline Looming for Medical Marijuana Growers
- IRS faces a second deadline to release Trump tax returns to Democrats
- IRS Warns of Phishing Tax Scams
- Tax Deadline One Month Away
- Deadline looms for Smollett to pay city investigative costs
- Oregon Taxpayer Information Used in IRS Tax Fraud Scheme
- IRS Recalling 46,000 Workers to Handle Tax Returns
- House Democrats ask IRS to provide Trump's tax returns
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines