MEDFORD, Ore. -- IHOP's new Medford location opened its doors at six o'clock on Tuesday morning. The store is in South Medford at 1383 Center Drive — right across the street from the Walmart Supercenter.
IHOP will be serving food from the fall menu. That means you'll be able to order pumpkin pancakes. The restaurant also has a whole new menu based on the Addams Family. The store now has gluten friendly options, too.
Medford used to have an IHOP. The chain left town in the early 2000s to make way for a highway off-ramp.
IHOP's general manager said that the community will help make the store a special place.
"It's the people, you know," said General Manager Betse Cox. "It's the guests who come in to see us every day. The ones that say they come here because they love the employees and the pancakes. It's just the people."
People have been pulling up to IHOP over the past couple of weeks to ask when the store would be open, according to Cox.
Applying for a job at IHOP
IHOP is also hiring people to work as cooks, servers, hosts and managers. The store's general manager said she wants the employees to feel like a family.
"It's just fun," said Cox. "We expect to be really busy so you're not going to have a lot of standing around wondering what to do next. It's busy, it's fun, it's upbeat and it's good money. It's just a great atmosphere."
Click here to apply for a job online.
- New Medford IHOP officially opens Tuesday
- IHOP Might Return to Medford
- South Medford IHOP will open in one week
- IHOP breaks ground on new Medford location
- IHOP Construction Proposal Approved
- Groundbreaking for Medford IHOP location set for April 1
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- Medford Cowork Collective now open
- CraterWorks MakerSpace officially opens
- IHOP is opening a fast casual restaurant called 'Flip'd'