MEDFORD, Ore. -- IHOP, The International House of Pancakes, is officially coming to town. Site Plan and Architectural commissioners approved the final construction proposal Friday.
Owner Mohammad Khadar said he has been wanting to have a store in Medford for awhile now since it is one of the fastest-growing cities in Oregon.
"It has a lot of potential. It's a big city and I look forward to having a store there," Khadar said.
The store will be located at 1383 Center Drive. Khadar said he picked that spot for a few reasons.
"You get the travelers with the hotels, you get the shopping centers around you and you get the I-5 traffic on top of that," he said.
Construction should start in about three months. Khadar said he hopes to have the store open before the end of the year. It will have a grand opening ceremony about a month after opening.
Khadar said he will have about 100 employees to start off, but that number will be cut down to about 50 a few months after the doors open once things settle down.
The building will be 4,485 square feet. Khadar said that is the larger version of the store, which he thinks the location can handle because of the city's size.
Taco Now Manager Johnny Banuelos said he is excited to have the business move in next door.
"It's great that another business is coming in, it helps thrive the community and also drives business to other businesses that are local," he said.
- IHOP Construction Proposal Approved
- IHOP Might Return to Medford
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- IHOP breaks ground on new Medford location
- New Medford IHOP officially opens Tuesday
- Medford Chick-fil-A location approved to begin construction
- After Teasing Name Change, IHOP Says 'B' is For Burgers
- Groundbreaking for Medford IHOP location set for April 1
- South Medford IHOP will open in one week
- Controversy over construction continues