PHOENIX, Ore. -- Oregon State Police is investigating after a fatal crash on I-5 near Phoenix on Sunday. The crash happened in the southbound lane near milepost 23 at roughly 10:30 a.m.
NewsWatch 12 is being told by Oregon State Police that 70-year-old Craig McRae of Vacaville, California was driving a 1996 Chevrolet SUV southbound when he veered off the roadway, rolled the vehicle, and landed in a nearby field. McRae was killed in the crash.
The Oregon Department of Transportation closed the southbound I-5 on-ramp at Exit 24 in Phoenix due to the crash. Interstate 5 was reduced to one-lane traffic for more than two hours.
OSP was assisted by Talent PD, Jackson County Fire, Mercy Flights, and ODOT.
- Oregon State Police investigating fatal crash in Phoenix
- Fatal crash near Phoenix closes Hwy 99
- Oregon State Police investigating crash on Highway 199 near O'Brien
- Oregon State Police Investigate Naked Beach Attacker
- Oregon State Police investigating abandoned motorhome fire
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass
- Phoenix Police Search For Car Theft Suspect
- Phoenix police searching for theft suspect
- Oregon State Police Investigate Life-Threatening Stabbing Outside Bar
- UPDATE: Oregon State Police Investigating Shooting Near Merlin