CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- Want to take aim at a bear or moose in British Columbia or drop a line for yellowfin tuna or marlin in the Sea of Cortez off Mexico’s Baja coast?
The opportunity to hear about those opportunities and experiences or to sign up for them will be available at the 18th annual Newswatch 12 Sportsmen’s & Outdoor Recreation Show at the Jackson County Expo Feb. 23-25.
In addition to representatives from the Baja Pirates guide service, there’ll be guides from Salmon Catcher Lodge in Kenai, Yes Bay Lodge in Ketchidan, Shelter Cove Lodge in Craig and Frontier Charters in Sitka. The Alaskan guides will be available to talk about fishing for halibut or trolling for salmon.
Representing big game hunting in Montana will be Elk Creek Outfitting from Heron.
For visitors who want to know about fishing options closer to home, there’ll be the chance to talk about river options with guides Jody Smith of Elkton, Norma Evans of Elkton, Dave Jones of Eugene and Gene Gardner of Gold Beach, about rainbow trout fishing at Diamond Lake and about Southern Oregon ocean fishing with Clarence Cole of Fishin’ Trips.
For those looking to hunt in faraway places, Mount Carmel Safaris offers big game adventures in South Africa. In the Pacific Northwest, there’ll be elk and deer options presented by guides Jody Smith of Elkton.
These guides will step indoors at the Medford show to present these options and opportunities to those seeking a faraway or local adventure.
- Hunting, Fishing Guides Gather for Show
- Free Fishing Weekend Announced for Fish Lake
- Changes for hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses taking effect in January 2020
- Living a Fishing Dream
- The only Thanksgiving leftovers guide you need
- Your 2020 Golden Globes viewing guide
- Japan Resuming Commercial Whale Hunts
- Easter egg hunts happening today
- A fish called Wakanda: New purple fish honors 'Black Panther'
- Fish & Game Forecast: Oct. 9