NEWBERG, Ore. (AP) — Authorities are investigating after a human foot was found in a dumpster at a boat ramp southwest of Portland.
KATU-TV reports authorities responded Friday morning after someone reported finding the foot at Rogers Landing Park in Newberg while looking for returnable bottles.
The Yamhill County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Investigators say they believe the severed foot matches another foot found nearby on the shore of the Willamette River near Champoeg Park in July.
Based on the trash items found with the foot and the fact that it was inside a Nike running shoe, investigators believe it may have been collected by a person or group cleaning up a beach or another area. All the items were found in a large, clear, plastic trash bag.
Deputies say it's possible the shoe was picked up without anyone knowing a foot was inside.
- Human Foot Found in Boat Ramp Dumpster Southwest of Portland
- Police Make Arrest In Portland Boat Ramp Shooting
- Body Found Near Morrison Bridge In Portland
- Domino's 'Dumpster Fire' in Grants Pass Prompts Arson Arrest
- Multiple agencies sweep Greenway, load up dumpsters full of trash
- Crash Forces On-Ramp Closure
- Police: Portland teen rescued in Bend human trafficking investigation, 2 arrested
- Tigard police find man trying to stay warm in dumpster, save him from hypothermia
- FAA investigating Southwest over baggage weight data
- One foot in front of the other