MEDFORD, Ore. – The Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport had its busiest month in history last month.
The number of passengers surpassed 105,000 in July 2018, which is a 17.8 percent increase from the 89,948 passengers in July 2017.
The airport sees its busiest time before noon with an average of about 1,200 according to Debbie Smith, a spokesperson for the airport. Additionally, TSA screens an average of 800 people per day from 3:30 – 7 a.m.
The cause of the increase is unknown, but Smith suspects that it may have to do with United Airlines using a larger aircraft. The airport has also added eight flights per day since June of this year.
To put the past two months in perspective, for all of 1982, the Medford airport saw 167,087 passengers. More than 200,000 have flown in and out of the Rogue Valley this June and July. July's figure was more than double the July 2004 mark of 51,028.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Mobile users CLICK HERE.
- How Many Passengers Fly Through the Medford Airport Each Month?
- Medford Airport holds mass casualty simulation
- Klamath Falls in Talks to Restore Passenger Flights from Airport
- TSA says Passenger with Gun went Undetected in Atlanta Airport
- 16 Medford Businesses Burglarized In One Month
- Flying Water to Air
- TSA Pre-Check Enrollment Comes Back to Medford Airport
- Travelers Sign Up For TSA Pre-Check At Medford Airport
- Expect TSA delays at Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport
- Medford Airport Warns of Security Delays on Wednesday Morning