WASHINGTON (AP) - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House is moving forward to draft articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
Pelosi delivered the historic announcement Thursday from the speaker's offices at the Capitol. Trump tweeted that if Democrats are going to impeach him, he wants them to "do it now, fast"' so he can get on to Senate trial.
On Wednesday, Democrats are charging toward a Christmas time vote on removing the 45th president, a situation Pelosi hoped to avoid. Democrats are probing Trump’s attempts to have Ukraine investigate Democratic rivals are grounds for impeachment.
This article will be updated as it is developing.
- House to draft articles of impeachment, Speaker Pelosi says
- Speaker Pelosi announces official impeachment inquiry into President Trump
- House sends two articles of impeachment to the Senate
- House Judiciary Committee passes both articles of impeachment
- Democrats vote to nominate Nancy Pelosi for House speaker
- Pelosi Elected Speaker, New Congress Begins
- Nancy Pelosi refuses to commit to sending articles of impeachment to Senate
- Pelosi calls McConnell's support of dismissing impeachment articles a 'cover up'
- Pelosi sets up floor vote Wednesday to name impeachment managers and send articles to the Senate
- Democrats introduce two articles of impeachment against Trump