WASHINGTON -- After fourteen hours of debating on Thursday night which delayed the vote, The House Judiciary officially passed both articles of impeachment.
The articles, abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, were approved along party lines. 23 Democrats voted in favor, and 17 Republicans opposed.
The articles will now go to the House floor sometime next week, for a vote to officially impeach President Trump.
- House Judiciary Committee passes both articles of impeachment
- House Judiciary Committee releases report explaining impeachment charges
- White House will not participate in Judiciary Committee hearing
- House to draft articles of impeachment, Speaker Pelosi says
- House sends two articles of impeachment to the Senate
- House Judiciary Committee launches 'top-to-bottom' antitrust probe of big tech
- Democrats introduce two articles of impeachment against Trump
- Democrats unveil 2 articles of impeachment against Trump
- Senate Judiciary Committee Poised To Approve William Barr As Attorney General
- Greg Walden's New House Committee Role