KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — A woman is in custody after calling 911 to tell them she had shot a man inside a Klamath Falls home Wednesday afternoon. The call came in at 12:29 p.m., and indicated that the shooting occurred at the 1400 block of Worden Avenue in Klamath Falls.
Officers from the Klamath Falls Police Department (KFPD) responded to the scene and found a man with a gunshot wound to his torso. KFPD officers say that they provided medical aid to the male until emergency medical personnel arrived—but the man died from his injuries.
Detectives from the Klamath Falls Police Department came out to the residence in order to continue the investigation. A weapon was removed at the scene and a woman was taken into custody.
The District Attorney says that is is an ongoing investigation and they will know more once the suspect goes in front of a grand jury. For now, the DA says that the woman is cooperating with investigators.
The investigation is still ongoing, and the KFPD have requested that anyone with information that may assist investigators contact the Klamath Falls Police Department at (541) 883-5336.
Any inquiries regarding this case should be referred to Klamath County District Attorney’s Office.
- Homicide Investigation Underway in Klamath Falls
- Investigation is Underway after an Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls Police Investigate Shooting on Hwy 66
- Possible vaping death under investigation in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls office quarantined for 'suspicious envelope' investigation
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed