WHITE CITY, Ore. — A hiker was seriously injured and had to be airlifted to an area hospital after falling at Upper Table Rock on Monday, according to Ashley Blakely with Fire District 3.
Details remain sparse at this time, however Blakely said that a report came in to emergency dispatch around 3:30 p.m. on Monday afternoon, reporting that a hiker had fallen some 20 feet at Upper Table Rock and was injured.
Crews from Fire District 3 and Mercy Flights rushed to the scene and were able to extract the injured hiker from the slopes, securing him for transport. Blakely said that the patient would be airlifted to a local hospital, but their condition or the extent of the injuries remains unknown at this time.
This is a developing story, and NewsWatch 12 will update the article with more details as they emerge.
- Hiker rescued, hospitalized after fall at Upper Table Rock
- Local hikers give their opinion on safety of Upper Table Rock Trail
- Hiker airlifted after fall from Table Rock visits firefighters involved in rescue
- Missing Hiker Rescued
- Hiker falls to his death at Smith Rock State Park
- Teams Rescue Injured Hiker East of Salem
- Multiple Agencies Sweep Greenway Near Table Rock Road
- 'Impatient Driver' Gets Truck Stuck in Table Rock Roadwork
- Guided hikes offered on the Table Rocks this spring
- Guided autumn hikes offered at the Table Rocks