MEDFORD, Ore.- The $120,000,000 Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) project is expanding the two lane Highway 62 into a four lane expressway. The goal is to create a safer route for drivers passing through Medford with better access to I-5 and eastbound travel towards Eagle Point.
Drivers heading westbound will be able to go up and over a new interchange. Then the highway will merge with expressway traffic and stop at Popular and Bullock Roads. The second phase of the project includes a new overpass where the expressway crosses Vilas Road. Vilas Road will have limited traffic this month overnight on December 18th and December 19th.
Construction for the expressway began in May of 2016 and has a completion date set for December 2018.
ODOT says there is a similar exchange in Grants Pass - but nothing like this in Medford until now.
- Update: Highway 62 Expressway Construction
- Highway 62 Expressway Over Halfway Done
- Expect Delays on Highway 62 Starting Tonight
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Two Vehicle Crash Blocking Lane on Highway 62
- New Traffic Flow on Highway 62 in Medford
- Highway 62 Paving Monday evening for Shady Cove residents
- UPDATE: Lanes Back Open on Highway 62 After Semi-Truck Fire
- UPDATE: Lanes Cleared After Crash South of Shady Cove on Hwy 62
- Passenger Dead in Car Chase, Crash on Hwy 62