UPDATE: As of 4:00 p.m., ODOT are saying that both lanes will be open on Highway 140 within the next 45 minutes to an hour.
EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Oregon State Police responded to a head on collision near mile marker 22 on Highway 140 early this afternoon.
NewsWatch 12 Reporter, Alicia Rubin, arrived on the scene to find two semi's who had collided and were blocking the entire highway. A second crash was less than 100 yards away. No injuries were reported.
Drivers on the scene reported that a number of fender-benders had accured after the semi collision due to drivers not being able to stop on the icy roads.
At this time, Lake of the Woods Highway appears to be closed at mile marker 22. Caution is advised for anyone traveling along this route once it has reopened, as further traffic delays and poor conditions can be expected to continue.
- Highway 140 Closed Near Mile Marker 22
- Lanes of U.S. 101 Mile Marker 344 Closed
- Troopers Patrol Highway 140 Intersection
- DIY Garden Markers
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- 2 Killed in Highway 140 Crash near Kershaw Road
- Deadly Crash Blocks Traffic on Highway 140 Near White City
- ODOT Salt Pilot Program Doesn't Extend to Highway 140
- Driver Killed in Passing Crash on Highway 140
- All Lanes Open on Highway 140 Following Multi-Vehicle Crash