MEDFORD, Ore.,-It's only the second week of May and families in the Rogue Valley are preparing for a hot summer. Advanced Air & Metal has their hands full, booked out 2 weeks in advance, installing and fixing air conditioning units.
Not only can air conditioning help cool down your home, it can also filter out smoke. Physician assistant Lucas Amuchastegui told NewsWatch 12 that having a clean air conditioning filter is one of the most effective ways to keep the smoke out of your home.
"Smoke is so pervasive, it comes in buildings quite easily often times staying inside with either a house fan or an AC unit that's going through a pretty heavy filter can help filter out a lot of that smoke that gives people respiratory issues, says Amuchastegui.
Lead Technician, Raymond Hughes, at Advanced Air & Metal says during fire season, you should change your air filter about once a month.
- High temperatures bring business to some companies
- Business owner shocked by four deaths inside company building
- Winter Storm Brings Fallen Trees, Increased Business for Tree Services
- "Avengers: Endgame" brings more foot traffic, business to Medford Center
- High Temperature Fevers Affect Fetus' Heart and Jaw, Study Says
- High Winds Could Bring Down Trees This Weekend
- Temperature Swing Impacts Local Farmers
- Lower temperatures are impacting vineyards
- Bring Home The Monarchs!
- CORE Business Services