MEDFORD, Ore. — Cascade Christian High School temporarily went into lockout procedures on Thursday afternoon as officers from the Medford Police Department (MPD) swarmed the area in pursuit of multiple suspects reported to be armed.
An MPD officer told NewsWatch 12 that officers had tried to pull a vehicle over for a routine traffic stop along Biddle Road, but the driver attempted to elude instead.
After pulling off Biddle near John's Autocare Center at the corner of Gilman Road, the officer said that two suspects got out of the vehicle and attempted to flee on foot along a creek. At least one of the suspects drew a firearm, MPD said.
Deploying a K9 unit, officers tracked down the suspects in a matter of minutes — taking them both into custody without incident. MPD indicated that there may have been other people involved in the incident, but there is no remaining threat to the public.
Cascade Christian briefly went into lockout out of an abundance of caution, but the procedure was short-lived after police made the arrests.
Witnesses at John's Autocare and other nearby businesses indicated that they were vaguely aware of the police presence, but were not threatened in the incident.
This is a developing story and NewsWatch 12 will update the article with more details as they emerge.
- High school goes on lockout as Medford Police pursue suspects
- Medford elementary school goes into lockout following possible cougar sighting
- School Put on Lockout Following Klamath Falls Armed Bank Robbery
- Police Arrest Suspect in Medford High-Speed Overpass Crash
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Medford Police Needs Help Identifying Suspect
- Medford Police Warn of Suspected Scammer
- Medford Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspect
- Medford Police Seek Car Theft Suspect