TUALATIN, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say Henry Thomas, the actor who starred as a child in "E.T. the Extra Terrestrial," has been arrested for driving under the influence in Oregon.
The 48-year-old Thomas was booked into the Washington County Jail and faces the misdemeanor charge after police said they found him Monday in a stationary car.
Thomas played Elliott, the young boy who befriends an alien in the classic 1982 movie. He has also appeared in "Gangs of New York" and "Legends of the Fall."
An email to his representatives wasn't immediately returned Tuesday.
KGW reports the Tualatin Police Department said they received a call about a car that was not moving.
Police say officers arrived, found Thomas and took him into custody after a field sobriety test.
- Henry Thomas, star of 'E.T.', arrested for DUI in Oregon
- Henry Thomas, star of 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,' arrested for alleged DUI
- Half-Brother of Meghan Markle Arrested on DUI Charge
- 16th Annual Thomas Ussary Memorial Car Show
- Washington school bus driver faces DUI charge
- Ex-Oregon football star recounts disarming student with gun
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina accused of covering up CEO's arrest for DUI
- Oregon school bus crashes, driver arrested
- Officials Say Thomas Fire Has Burned 418 Square Miles
- Police: Fatal Head-On Collision the Result of DUI