GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — The half-brother of Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, is facing a drunken-driving charge after an arrest in Oregon.
State police said Thomas Wayne Markle Jr. was visibly intoxicated when he was pulled over at about 1:30 a.m. Friday in Josephine County, in southwestern Oregon. Authorities said his blood-alcohol content was 0.11 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
The 52-year-old from Grants Pass was taken to a detox center.
Meghan Markle, a former actress, married Prince Harry last May. They are expecting their first child.
The duchess is reportedly estranged from her father's family. Thomas Markle Sr. said in a television interview last month he had not heard from her since the wedding.
Thomas Markle Jr. did not appear to have a listed phone number, and it was not clear how to reach him for comment.
- Half-Brother of Meghan Markle Arrested on DUI Charge
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry expecting first child
- Washington school bus driver faces DUI charge
- Accused deputy killer was half-brother of man who shot Oregon chief
- Henry Thomas, star of 'E.T.', arrested for DUI in Oregon
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina accused of covering up CEO's arrest for DUI
- Henry Thomas, star of 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,' arrested for alleged DUI
- Family Fights For Deceased Brother's Email Password
- Two brothers shot after possible home invasion