GRANTS PASS, Ore. — While many local restaurants contributed to the second annual "Say Cheese" drive for the Josephine County Food Bank, only one proved to be the Big Cheese.
This year, that honor goes to the Taprock Northwest Grill.
"The Taprock Northwest Grill makes the best grilled cheese sandwich in Grants Pass – according to the hundreds of local people who participated in the Josephine County Food Bank’s Say Cheese fundraiser," the Food Bank said in a statement.
In all, the campaign raised $5,000 for the Josephine County Food Bank — with more than 2,500 grilled cheese sandwiches sold from participating restaurants. $2 from each grilled cheese sale went toward feeding the food insecure.
Taprock won "bragging rights" for having the top-selling grilled cheese sandwich at 301 sandwiches sold. Second place went to Shari’s Café & Pies, which sold 275 sandwiches. Third place went to the Train Depot, with 224 sandwiches. Fourth place winner was The Laughing Clam with 208 sales, and fifth place was the Bohemian Bar & Bistro with 198 sandwiches sold.
A total of 19 restaurants participated this year, including Applebee’s, Blondies’, Casa Amiga, Climate City Brewery, Cultured Palate, Eddy’s Old-Fashioned Hamburgers, Lulu’s for the love of food, MaMosa’s, Millie’s Sandwich Shop, One Fifteen Broiler, Red Robin, River’s Edge, the Twisted Cork, and Wild River Pub.
Diners also had the chance to win two $100 gift cards donated by local businesses. Darrell Stafford won $100 to Fred Meyer, while Richard Lewis claimed $100 from Dutch Bros.
Josephine County Food Bank's Say Cheese promotion began last year, and has only gotten cheesier.
- Grilled cheese fundraiser nets $5K for Josephine County Food Bank
- Josephine County Food Bank Says "Cheese"
- Josephine County 'Sex Offender Sweep' Nets 27 Arrests
- Grants Pass Serves Up Grilled Cheese for a Good Cause
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Food vendors have been serving Josephine County Fair for years
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe
- Josephine County Vaccination Rates Drop