GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Two parents were taken into police custody on Saturday after reports that their 1-month-old baby may have been abused, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
Police dispatch received a call from Three Rivers Medical Center around 1 p.m., reporting that a baby boy had been hospitalized with "suspicious injuries."
Detectives took 27-year-old Bryan Merritt and 20-year-old Alexandria Williams — both transients in the Grants Pass area — into custody, booking them into the Josephine County Jail on charges of Assault 1 and two counts each of Criminal Mistreatment 1.
"The child was taken into protective custody pending an investigation into the nature of the injuries," GPDPS said.
The case remains under investigation, and the agency said that anyone who witnessed the alleged abuse or has any further information should contact the GPDPS Detective Division at 541-450-6260.
- Grants Pass parents accused of abusing 1-month-old baby
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Abusing 4-Month-Old Child
- Grants Pass man accused of sexually abusing young girls
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Police: Grants Pass Man Arrested for Sex Abuse of Child
- Man Arrested in Grants Pass For Child Abuse
- Grants Pass Police charge man with child sex abuse
- Grants Pass Family Welcomes Triplets
- Grants Pass Brewfest happening now
- Caveman Repairs in Grants Pass