GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A Grants Pass man who was arrested earlier this month on accusations of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl now faces new charges stemming from a second alleged victim.
The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety said that 21-year-old Aystyn H. Elgas-Boeggeman was arrested on Tuesday, January 7 after an unrelated investigation revealed that he'd been in a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old.
On Friday, the agency filed more charges against Elgas-Boeggeman after investigators received information that he'd had "sexual physical contact" with a 16-year-old girl in a car on his 21st birthday.
"A subsequent investigation was conducted and revealed that Elgas-Boeggeman did have sexual physical contact with a 16-year-old female," GPDPS said in a brief statement.
Elgas-Boeggeman originally faced 77 counts — including Rape, Sodomy, and Sex Abuse charges — for the first alleged victim. Some of those counts have since been cleared, but an indictment filed last Thursday lists 22 counts in that case. The new, separate case adds two counts each of Sex Abuse II and Sex Abuse III.
Elgas-Boeggeman remains in the Josephine County Jail.
- Grants Pass man faces new charges, accused of sex with second underage girl
- Grants Pass man faces rape charges for 'at least three' underage victims
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Police: Oregon Man Traveled to Have Sex With Underage Girl
- Grants Pass Police charge man with child sex abuse
- Grants Pass man accused of preying on young girls online
- Grants Pass man accused of sexually abusing young girls
- Grants Pass man facing ten counts of encouraging child sex abuse
- Police: Grants Pass Man Arrested for Sex Abuse of Child
- Grants Pass man accused of sex abuse, police believe there may be more victims