GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- A 40-year-old man was arrested in Grants Pass around 8p.m. on April 26th for throwing rocks through car windows near NE Beacon Dr.
Dawayne H. Madden is facing multiple charges, including criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
At 12:11am on the same night, officers responded to a report of multiple subjects fighting in the same area. Initial reports indicated suspects were potentially armed with a pipe and/or a hatchet. When Officers arrived at the scene, they found 32 year old Jeremy Mellow with head injuries.
Jeremy was transported to Three Rivers Medical Center, where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
According to police, other suspects fled the scene before police arrived. One of the suspects was identified as Dawayne H. Madden.
The investigation revealed Madden and another male returned to the location after Madden was released from jail on the previous Criminal Mischief case. Madden was involved in a physical fight with Jeremy Mellow. During the fight, Madden hit Mellow on the head with an object similar to a pipe.
During the fight a backflow device for the Goodwill store was damaged, causing a substantial water leak. The City of Grants Pass Water Department responded to shut off the water.
Madden was later located, arrested a second time and charged with assault.
- Grants Pass man arrested twice in one night
- 5 Arrested In Grants Pass Drug Bust
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Police: Grants Pass Man Arrested for Sex Abuse of Child
- Man Arrested in Grants Pass For Child Abuse
- Grants Pass Man Hospitalized After Machete Incident
- Grants Pass Fred Meyer Open After Late Night Lockdown
- Caveman Repairs in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Family Welcomes Triplets
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery