GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Detectives have arrested a Grants Pass man following complaints that he had been innappropriately contacting underage girls online, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
Detectives began investigating 46-year-old Christopher Robert Nettifee over the past several weeks after receiving the complaints.
"The subsequent investigation revealed that Christopher was sending graphic photographs of himself to a juvenile female," GPDPS said in a statement. "Christopher was also requesting nude photographs from the juvenile female in return."
Law enforcement later found and arrested Nettifee, charging him with Attempted Use of Child in Display and Online Sexual Corruption of a Child II.
Following the arrest, authorities are cautioning parents to become familiar with their childrens' online activities with social media and apps — citing information on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's website, as well as a recent Newsweek article listing 15 apps that are "dangerous for children."
- Grants Pass man accused of preying on young girls online
- Curry County man accused of preying on 15-year-old online
- Grants Pass man accused of sexually abusing young girls
- Accused of abuse, priests move on to teach, counsel, prey
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Rogue River Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Young Girl
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Abusing 4-Month-Old Child
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Holding Child Pornography
- Grants Pass Man Hospitalized After Machete Incident
- Grants Pass man arrested for 5 burglaries